Cheddar Beer Dip
- Recipe courtesy of Julie Love, Silver Tier Prize Winner in the 2015 Black Creek® “Everything's Better with Cheddar” recipe contest
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Prep: 5 minutes
- Yield: 6 cups
ounces cream cheese
tablespoons unsalted butter
c. yellow onion, finely chopped
link smoked sausage, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
tablespoons Dijon mustard
cups sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
drops of Tobasco sauce
bottle Guinness® beer
- Melt butter in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Add onion, and sauté until the onion begins to soften.
- Add sausage until it is cooked through, about 8-10 minutes.
- Drain off any fat from the sausage and add the mustard, cream cheese, tabasco, and beer to the pan. Stir until the cream cheese is melted then stir in the cheddar cheese.
- Transfer mixture to a fondue pot and serve with pretzel sticks.